A high-quality Top Bar Hive, built in the US from FSC-certified sustainable wood and with an updateddesign.
This new design has been made in collaboration with master beekeepers and features a number of improvements.
Usesclear-grain, Douglas Fir from the Pacific Northwest, an ideal wood for a Top Bar hive, due to its strength and durability.
Douglas Fir offers exceptional toughness, beauty and value. Its strength benefits the hive’s sideboards and sizable shingles.
Douglas Fir is also among the heaviest and hardest of softwoods, with its dense composition complimenting the lightness (5-8lbs) of single bars of honeycomb, as compared to the lifting of boxes with Langstroth and Warre hives.
As such, this Top Bar hive is an excellent choice for the beekeeper with limited strength/mobility - or who simply doesn't feel the need to lift weights!
- Full length viewing window lets you see the bees throughout the entire hive
- FSC-certified sustainable, clear Douglas Fir
- Moulded legs can easily be installed and leveled
- Roof can hinge in either direction
- CNC-cut ends with ventilation
- Oval shaped side and end entrances, cut to the same volume as a standard Warre entrance
- Black walnut entrance covers and window handle
- 28 19" Douglas Fir Top Bars match the length of a standard Langstroth frame
40" long hive body (all parts pre-drilled)
45" long hinged roof with shingled design for optimal rain run off
- Drill or screwdriver with Phillips bit (stainless steel screws included)
- Assembly diagram and instructions included
- Approximate assembly time: 60 minutes
We like to think of ourselves as the good guys - so here is ourReturns and Shipping policy!